4.29.2008

Make Your Toolbar More Useful

So, in my spare time, I answer questions on Yahoo Answers relating to The GIMP. [My Profile] Anyhow, I have found that this is the best way to learn what to put on this blog... what do beginners really need to know? Well, anyhow, this particular blog makes using The GIMP go along a little smoother. I recently figured this out so I'm uber excited to put it out there! :D

Start by clicking:
Dialogs-> Create New Dock->Layers, Paths, Channels.

Now you have that open.

Then, Dialogs->Create New Dock->Brushes, Patters, and Gradients

Now you have that open.

Now, the fun part :)

Click on the brushes tab [the circle] and drag it to the bottom of the "Layers, Channels, Paths" window. NOTE that there are two locations the "brushes" tab can end up. One being next to the other tabs in the window or underneath.
You don't want the entire box to be 'highlighted' just a small rectangle underneath. :)

To get it underneath it, drag it so you see a small rectangular box that is darker than the rest at the very bottom. Then, let go and drag the gradients and patterns over as well next to the brushes. :D

VOILA! You now have the most used tools right there always visible :)
Enjoy! :D

I'll be adding more images soon... Prt Scrn isn't quite working tonight. :[

No comments: